Calendar Girls Write Up for May 19, 2012
Welcome to our May Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. Papercrafts Presents 365 Cards magazine which is our inspiration for these monthly hops which thus became the Calendar Girls. The magazine has Creative Ideas for every day of the year: occasions, holidays, and celebrations including 42 unique holidays!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. The May unique holidays are:
May Blog Date: May 19, 2012
- May is National Salad Month - Lynne
- May is National Hamburger Month: Anita
- May is Bike Month: Pamela
- May 1st: Mother Goose Day - Lisa Peters
- May 4: International Space Day: Lynne
- May 5: Cinco DeMayo: Jearise
- May 6: Beverage Day: Kimberly
- May 6th: National No Diet Day - Laura
- May 7 - 12: Teacher Appreciation Week: Lisa Peters
- May 13: Mother's Day: Laura
- May 13th Frog Jumping Day - Angela
- May 15: National Chocolate Chip Day: Edwina
- May 19: Armed Forces Day - Janet
- May 21: National Memo Day: Pamela
- May 23: Lucky Penny Day: Kimberly
- May 25: Nerd Pride Day: Miriam Meserve
- May 31st: World No Tobacco Day - Lynne
The hop starts with Lynne (http://
slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/). You won't want to miss a single occasion!!!
The line-up for May includes:
Lisa Peters: http://
Kimberly - http://
Stop by and check out these holidays as I am sure you are going to want to remember these holidays and include them in your card making projects!!!!!
We will have blog candy to the lucky recipient that remarks on each site along the way!
Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on June 9th for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!
If you came here from Kimberly''s blog then you are in the right place, but if you just happened upon my blog you can start at the beginning at Lynne's blog.
I have two projects for you today...
A Mother's Day Card... it is a flower pot card.. the top is made of silk flowers. I always put a butterfly on it. I made a few of these for Mother's Day all kinds of flowers. MS border punch, twine, spellbinders labels 11, and tim holtz embossing folder. I found the tutorial for these online but wanted it a little different size so I made it bigger.
My second project is a card for No Diet Day.
It's very simple but cute.
(love that flourish!)
Thanks for stopping by .. head on over to Angie's blog to check out her awesome project!